Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/03/10

Lectio - Jn 20.1-9

Meditatio: “for they did not yet understand the scripture that he had to rise from the dead.” Jn 20.9

Oratio: "O God, we are so slow to understand your ways.

I remember that first Easter morning Peter saw the empty tomb and the burial cloths; and he had been present at Jesus’ Transfiguration and was told to keep it a secret until your Son rose from the dead, yet he did not understand that Easter morning that your Son rose.

Grant that I my mind may be enlightened by Your Spirit so that I will know what you want of me and then the grace to do it.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Throughout this day I will be mindful of the Holy Spirit and ask Him to enlighten me.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 28.8-15

No comments:

Post a Comment