Thursday, September 27, 2012

9.27.12 Lectio: Eccl 3.1-11 Meditatio: "A time to weep, a time to laugh; a time to mourn, a time to dance.” Eccl 3.4 Oratio: " O God, You have created us to be with You and You have planted us on this earth to prepare ourselves with Your help to come to You. I remember Your sage realized You made this earth much less than heaven for in it we would weep and we would laugh, we would mourn and we would dance - in other words it would be in our sorrow mitigated with joy that we would prepare ourselves for a life of endless joy with You - how generous on Your part! Grant that the pleasure of this world may not take my eyes off the destiny You have in mind for me. I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: Reflect on "time;” a moment; an hour, a day, a life; in prayer thank God for the time He gives me here on earth and for the grace to cope with the sorrows that come my way and to rejoice and be nourished by the joys that He also provides for me so that I may one day come to Him and be with Him forever in a place of eternal joy. Tomorrow's reading: Dn 7.9-10,13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment