Sunday, March 17, 2013

3/17/13

Lectio Jn 8.12-20

Meditatio: ""Jesus spoke to them again, saying, ‘I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life’." Jn 8.12

Oratio: "O God, You know that left to our own, we would never find You.

I remember You sent Your Son as the ‘light of the world’ so darkness would be no more and we would be able to find You.

Grant that I may carry out my Baptismal responsibility and be Christ’s light to those whose lives I touch.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on "light of life"; Jesus, Himself; Jesus is the way, the truth and the life who leads us to eternal life; in prayer thank Jesus for overcoming the darkness of our journey to the Father and ask the grace to be a torch bearer of His so that others may come into His light and have life everlasting.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 2.41-51a

P.S. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment