Monday, March 23, 2015

3.23.15


 Lectio: Jn 8,21-30                                                         

 Meditatio: “So Jesus said to them, ’When you lift up the Son of Man ,then you will realize that I Am, and that I do nothing on my own, but I say only what the Father taught me’.” Jn 8.28

 Oratio: O God, You did everything to make it clear that Your Son was sent on Your behalf.

 I remember Jesus declared toward the end of His public ministry that when He was lifted up, people would realize that He is God and the Son of God. In prayer seek to be open to the various ways in which God continues to reveal Himself to the world for it is for our benefit alone that He does so.

 I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
 and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

 Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying.

Operatio: reflect, "lift up...realize..I Am”; Jesus was clear as to who He is using the very words that the Jews use to describe God and in making a reference to His Father, He revealed He is His Son. Seek the grace of gratitude that our forefathers in faith recognized Jesus for Who He is and put Jesus’ words into practice for that is most pleasing to the Heavenly Father.

 Tomorrow's reading: LK 1.26-38

No comments:

Post a Comment