Friday, July 11, 2014

7.11.14

7.10.14

Lectio: Mt 10.16-23

Meditatio: "Behold I am sending you like sheep among wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and simple as doves."  Mt 10.16

Oratio: O God, You know the world and it's vagaries and how it hates to be challenged.

I remember Your Son told His disciples they should expect to be persecuted but the best way to deal with ill treatment is not retaliation in kind but with serpent shrewdness and with simplicity of a dove. In prayer seek the grace when confronted, to return hatred with love, strife with docility and that will confound the persecutor and pleased The Lord.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "sending...sheep...wolves;" Jesus did not promise a rose garden for His disciples, but the real world where hatred exists and is active. In prayer ask for the grace to be an effective evangelizer in the place I find myself for that is the least I should do for You for all You have done for me.


Tomorrow's reading: Mt 10.24-33


7.11.14

Lectio: Mt 10.24-33

Meditatio: "Everyone who acknowledges me  before others I will acknowledge before my Heavenly Father." Mt 10.32

Oratio: O God, You know how important it is for us to evangelize for that is how the great numbers will be saved which is Your wish.

I remember Jesus told His followers the great reward for acknowledging Him before other - He will acknowledge before His a Father. What a blessing!

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "acknowledges me ...others..." The essence of evangelization is to proclaim Jesus is our Lord and we best do so by living authentic Christian lives and standing up for Christian principles in the marketplace, at work and in the home in Jesus' name. In prayer seek the grace to be an authentic evangelizer by living an authentic Christian life in Jesus' name.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 13.1-23

No comments:

Post a Comment