Sunday, July 13, 2014

7.13.14

Lectio:  Mt 10.34-11.1                  

Meditatio: "and whoever does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.” Mt 10.38

Oratio: O God, You know the importance of priorities and especially for discipleship.                

I remember Jesus declared the importance fo taking up one’s cross and failure to do so means the disciple is not worthy of Him.  What did He mean by taking up the cross since almost all do not  have a physical cross to carry?  The cross is the ‘Will of His Father.’ The Father’s priories must be ours if we are to be worthy disciple of Jesus. In prayer seek the grace to discern God’s will and then to do it to the best of my ability.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect:" take up...cross”; the condition of discipleship; God’s will and not my will; in prayer seek to know His Will daily and always put Him first in my priorities.  Seek the grace to do so.
         
Tomorrow's reading: Mt 11.20=24 

No comments:

Post a Comment