Wednesday, June 17, 2015

6.17.15


 Lectio:  Mt 6.7-15                                                                                                                             

Meditatio: “This is how you are to pray,’Our Father in heaven; hallowed be thy name’.” Mt 6.9

Oratio: O God, Jesus taught us how to pray and He made it clear we are to pray aa a community for He did not say, ‘My Father’; but rather ‘Our Father’. Pray that I may always remember that it is not only about me but about us for whom I should and do pray.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
 and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

 Contemplatio: spend some time in silence & meditate on the selected passage and hear what  God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "pray....Our Father”; Jesus taught very clearly that prayer is about the community -  all of whom pray to the same Father. Seek the grace to remember in my prayers the faith community, too, for that is how Jesus wants us to pray and He knows what is best.        

 Tomorrow's reading: Mt. 6.19-23

No comments:

Post a Comment