Sunday, June 17, 2012

6/17/12 Lectio: 1 Kgs 21.1-16 Medtitatio: "Two scoundrels came in and confronted him with the accusation, ‘Naboth has cursed God and king,’ And they led him out of the city and stoned him to death.” I kgs 21.13 Oratio:"O God, You know us and our capacity for depravity, yet you are patient with us. I remember Naboth was falsely accused and stoned to death so that King Ahab’s desire for Naboth’s land could be satisfied - how inhumane! Grant that I may have the grace of detachment from material things so that greed may not take hold of me and my judgments. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.” Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: Reflect on "greed”; desire for things that are not needed; desire for superabundance; a willingness to do what ever is necessary to satisfy one’s desires; in prayer ask for the grace of detachment from things of this world and only attached to things of the next. Tomorrow’s reading: 1 Kgs 21.17-29

No comments:

Post a Comment