Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2/14 /12

Lectio: Jas1.19-27

Meditatio: “If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, his religion is in vain.” Jas 1.26

Oratio: ""O God, You gave us the ability to speak so that we could give You and others honor and love.

I remember James warned us that we misuse this gift of speech is we do not control what we say.

Grant that I may always think before I speak so as to use my gift of tongue rightly.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Operatio : Reflect on "bridle...tongue;” keep a leash on it; controlled; in prayer ask for the grace to use my gift of tongue well knowing that words once spoken cannot be recalled and they can either express love or hurt.

Tomorrow's readings: Jas 2.1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment