Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2/15 /12

Lectio: Jas2.1-9

Meditatio: “My brothers, show no partiality as you adhere to the faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ.” Jas 2.1

Oratio: ""O God, judgement is Yours alone - but we often usurp Your prerogative to the detriment of others.

I remember James warned against showing partiality based on appearances, but, alas!, we often do so.

Grant that I may receive Your grace to judge not and to accept all as brothers and sisters of Your Son and Your children.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Operatio : Reflect on "partiality;” showing favoritism based on appearances, or blood, or connectedness; Resolve to pray for the grace to love all as I love myself.
Tomorrow's readings: Jas 2.14-24,26

No comments:

Post a Comment