Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2/27 /12

Lectio: Jon 3.1-10
Meditatio: “When God saw by their actions, how they turned away from their evil way, he repented of the evil that he had threatened to do to them; he did not carry it out.” Jon 3.10
Oratio: ""O God, we deserve to be punished for our evil ways - and Your punishment is not a moral evil for it reflects Your justice.

I remember You threatened to destroy the ancient pagan city of Nineveh for their evil ways; but You relented when by their actions they showed they were sorry.
Grant that I may ever rejoice in the universality of Your mercy which the Book of Jonah has as its primary message.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Operatio : Reflect on "repentance;” to turn around; to change, to express sorrow by acts such as prayer, fasting and almsgiving; in prayer ask for the grace this Lent to practice the Ascetical ones so as to show God by my actions my repenting of the sins I have committed.
.
Tomorrow's readings: Est. C:12, 14-16,23-25

No comments:

Post a Comment