Monday, February 13, 2012

Lectio for 2.13.12

Lectio: Jas1.12-18

Meditatio: “Rather, each person is tempted when he is lured or enticed by his own desires.” Jas 1.14

Oratio: ""O God, You are All-good and You never tempt us to evil.

I remember James wrote that the source of our temptations is not You but our own desires.
Grant that I may receive Your grace to overcome those enticements and desires of my senses that if I say, ‘Yes,’ will lead me into sin and away from You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Operatio : Reflect on "temptation”; appealing to one or more of my senses, and apparent good and not a real good; not a sin but can lead me into sin; in prayer say the Our Father with confidence whenever temptations occur knowing that He will never lead me into temptation but He will deliver me from all evil.

Tomorrow's readings: Jas 1.19-27

No comments:

Post a Comment