Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4.03.12

Lectio: Is 50.4-9a

Meditatio: “I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; my face I did not shield from buffets and spitting.” Is 50.6

Oratio:"O God, You did not promise us a rose garden here on earth for those who do Your will.

I remember the suffering Servant of Isaiah experienced beatings, insults and coarse treatment in carrying out the mission You gave him.

Grant that I may realize that suffering is part of the human condition and to offer the sufferings and crude treatment that comes my way to You and thanks giving and knowing You can and will redeem it.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on " plucked my beard;” a grave insult according to the biblical comment; how much more to be spitted upon! I prayer thank Jesus for loving us so as to endure all the suffering of that Isaiah suffering servant bore and then so much more- all so that we might have eternal life and happiness, peace and joy forever - how much Jesus loves us!

Tomorrow's reading: Is 61.1-3a, 6a, 8b-9

No comments:

Post a Comment