Tuesday, April 17, 2012

4.17.12

Lectio: Acts 5.17-26
Meditatio: “We [ the court officers] found the jail securely locked and the guards stationed outside the doors but when we opened them, we found no one inside.” Acts 5.23

Oratio: O God, You so much want all to accept Your Son’s message of salivation and You went to great lengths to convince people.

I remember You not only had the Apostles work miracles in His name but your miraculously freed them from the jail and yet the religious elite did not accept even this miracle - how sad and tragic for them!

Grant that I may always rejoice in the greatest and on-going miracle - the real presence in our Eucharist - and proclaim when it is raised at Mass - ‘My Lord, and My God!”

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on "obstinacy; stubborn, convinced; holding onto an opinion in the face of clear evidence to the contrary; in prayer ask for the grace to be docile so that my mind and heart may be ever open to Your will.

Tomorrow's reading: Acts 5.27-33

No comments:

Post a Comment