Tuesday, April 10, 2012

4.10.12

Lectio: Acts 3.1-10

Meditatio: “Peter [said], ‘I have neither silver nor gold, but what I do have I give to you: in the name of Jesus Christ, the Nazorean, [rise and] walk’.” Acts 3. 6

Oratio:"O God, what power Your Son gave to his disciples so that all might more readily believe.

I remember Peter healed a cripple by simply saying in the name of Jesus rise and walk and the man did - how amazing! How powerful the name of Your Son!

Grant that I may rejoice in the power His words still have for they are the words of eternal life for all.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on "the Word”; Jesus’ personified; the Primal Word that brought the universe into existence; the Personal Word that brings us into everlasting existence. In prayer thank God for sending His Son to us as His Word in such power.

Tomorrow's reading: Acts 3.11-26

No comments:

Post a Comment