Saturday, September 13, 2014

9.13.14

   
Lectio: Lk 6.43-49                              

Meditatio: “I will show you what someone is like who comes to me, listens to my words, and acts on them. That one is like a person building a house, who dug deeply and laid the foundation on rock; when the flood came, the river burst against the house but could not shake it because is was well built.” Lk 6,47,48

Oratio: O God, Your Son made it clear as to how we should live and thus successfully come back to You.

I remember Jesus urged that people listen to His words and then put them into practice and live by them. If they do, they will successfully survive the adversities of this life and come to the joys of eternal life. In prayer seek the grace to allow Jesus’ words to penetrate my heart and to become part of the core of my being so that I my listening to Him will be effective in my life.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "listen...words,...act.”; Jesus not only wants us to listen to His words but He also wants us to act on them. Seek the grace to do so and we will be providing a solid foundation for our faith that will enable us to survive the perils o f this life and come to eternal life.

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 19.25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment