Thursday, January 10, 2013

01/10/13

Lectio: Lk 5.12-16

Meditatio: "but he [Jesus] would withdraw to deserted places to pray." Lk 5.16

Oratio: "O God, prayer is so important for us and for our relationship with You.

I remember Your Son gave us good example as He would periodically withdraw and pray to You.
Grant that I may imitate You Son’s ways and periodically pray to You for You are my lover and my All and You deserve my attention and adulation.


I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.


Operatio: reflect on "pray"; lifting up of our hearts and minds to God; vocal or mental or a combination ; God is the object although we can also pray to the saints and our departed loved ones knowing that they then intercede for us to God on our behalf.
Tomorrow's reading: Jn 3.22-30

No comments:

Post a Comment