Saturday, January 12, 2013

01/12/13

Lectio: Lk 3.15-22

Meditatio: "After all the people had been baptized and Jesus also had been baptized and praying, the heaven was opened." Lk 3.21

Oratio: "O God, what a great endorsement You gave to Your Son at his Baptism in the Jordan!

I remember the heavens were opened and the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove descended upon Him and You declared, He was Your beloved Son.
Grant that I may always rejoice in my baptism through which You favored me with the anointing of the Holy Spirit and adopting me as Your child as You do for all the Baptized.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "Jesus...baptized"; John, the Baptist, baptized Him in the Jordan and He did not need to be baptized but in doing so showed His solidarity with us; and He in turns baptizes us with water and the Holy Spirit and we become members of His immediate family - what a great gift to all of us!
Tomorrow's reading: Mk 1.14-20

No comments:

Post a Comment