Thursday, January 31, 2013

1.31.13

Lectio: :Mk 4.26-34

 

Meditatio: "Of its own accord the and yields fruit, first the blade, then the ears, then the grain in the ear." Mk 4.28

Oratio: "O God, You are the sower and You are the harvester of Your kingdom here on earth.

I remember Your Son told a parable about how the seed grows of its own power for which You are the source.

Grant that I may be open to the power You placed within my heart so that I may produce the fruit that You desire and You deserve.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "seed;’ it must die to itself in order to unleash the power in it; so we must die to ourselves to allow God to accomplish His plans through us; in prayer ask for the grace to be open to God’s power at work in me so as to produce the fruit He desires.

Tomorrow's reading :Lk 22-40

No comments:

Post a Comment