Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1.16.13

Lectio: Mk 1:40-45

Meditatio: "Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand, touched him, and said to him, "I do will it, Be made clean." Mk 1.41

O God, you are not cold and aloof, but you feel our pain.

I remember Your Son, moved by the faith of the leper, healed him - how awesome!

Grant that I may imitate the faith of the leper and turn to You in my need knowing your are kind and compassionate.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "pity"; an emotional feeling for a misfortune of another; in prayer ask for the grace to not only feel for the pain of another, but do something constructive about it.

Tomorrow's reading: Mk 2:1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment