Friday, January 11, 2013

01/11/13

Lectio: Jn 3.22-30

Meditatio: "He must increase. I must decrease." Jn 3.30

Oratio: "O God, Your prophets always served You well.

I remember Your prophet, John the Baptist, refused the honor of being like Your Son even though he had the popularity among the people and declared to his followers that he must decrease while Jesus must increase!
Grant that I may imitate the humility of John the Baptist and never feign what I am not!
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "best man"; the one who stands and support the bridegroom; John the Baptist was the best man; he relished his role and supported Jesus, the bridegroom in every way and his joy was complete. In prayer seek the virtues of humility and integrity and like John, my joy in this life and in the next will be complete.
Tomorrow's reading: Lk 3.15-22

No comments:

Post a Comment