Thursday, June 13, 2013

6.12.13:  Mt 5:20-26       

Meditatio: "But I say to you, whoever is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment, and whoever says to his brother, 'Raqa,' will be answerable to the Sanhedrin, and whoever says to his brother, 'You  fool,' will be liable to fiery Ghenna." Mt 5.22

Oratio: "O God, You so desire that siblings abide in peace.
I remember that Your Son made it clear when He warned against being angry, name calling, and declaring your sibling a fool that a heavier price will be paid as you continue to offend your sibling.
Grant that I may always treat my brothers and sister with respect including my siblings in Christ, for that is minimum for keeping the peace and we should do so much more.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.
:
Operatio: reflect on "Raqa"; Aramaic word that means blockhead or imbecile; on its face such a pejorative word is so hurtful, but we have many English words that are hurtful, too.  In prayer seek the grace to be ever mindful that words can hurt and carefully choose words especially when anger is upon you so that you are an instrument of peace and not of ferment for that is how Jesus wants us to be.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 5:27-32


6.13.13 Mt 5:27-32

Meditatio: "but I say to you, everyone who looks with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Mt 5:28

Oratio: O God, you want us to be pure as You are pure.
I remember Jesus declared we must be pure in thought and not just in actions, for he made lust for a woman equal to adultery!

Grant that I may always have control of my eyes and praise The Lord for the beauty of His creation when I see a beautiful woman thereby turning a temptation into an opportunity for grace.

Operatio: reflect on "lust"; desire for whom you are not married; one of the seven capital sins because it is a major reason we commit sin; in prayer ask for the grace to reflect on what attracts me and have my intellect dictate my response and not my emotions; knowing that Jesus said that the pure of heart will see God -our ultimate Good!

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 5:33-37

No comments:

Post a Comment