Sunday, June 23, 2013

6.15.13 Lk 7.36-8.3                                  

Meditatio:" but he said to the woman, 'Your faith has saved you; go. In peace." Lk 7.50

Oratio: "O God, You so much want all to be with You and You require so little of us.

I remember Your Son forgave a woman who was a great sinner because she turned to Him with faith and tears!

Grant that I may with God's grace remain steadfast in my faith and show it by living in accord with the great Law of Love and I know in the end You will claim me as Your own.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio:"reflect on "faith"; assent of the will; a confident hope in things not seen that they will be for we have Jesus' word for it; in prayer seek the grace of a steadfast faith; a faith that expresses itself in selfless love; knowing as our late Pope John Paul wrote that even a tear on the cheek of a harden and dying sinner may well be a sign that said person has repented and is saved.

Tomorrow's reading:  Mt 5:38-42


6.16.13

Lectio: Mt 5:38-42

Meditatio: "You have heard it said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But I say to you offer no resistance to one who is evil." Mt 5.38-39a


Oratio: "O God, You know our judgment is poor and especially in redressing grievances.
I remember Your Son preached that the law of Talion should not be our standard but the law of forbearance should govern when we are oppressed.
Grant that I may have the wisdom to realize that I am capable of meeting out justice and allow You, who are the Just Judge, to do so and seek the grace to forbear when a wrong is done against me.
I ask all things in Jesus name who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen"

Contemplatio: Spend a few moments in silent meditation.

Operatio: reflect "eye for an eye"; a proportionate response to a personal injury, but this often was not and the other party would respond raising the injury; in prayer seek the grace and virtue of forbearance for that is the best way to defuse a situation and it is Jesus' way.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 5:44-48

 6.17.13

Lectio: Mt 5:44-48

 Meditatio:" But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you." Mt 5.44

 Oratio: "O God, You so much want us to imitate You!
 
 I remember Your Son urged us to love our enemies for You love the good and the bad- what a challenge! What a world it would be if all acted as Your children!

 Grant that I may be the child You want me to be and I will with Your grace and my accepting it.
I ask these things in Jesus name who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever, and ever. Amen

 Operatio:"reflect on "love"; seeks the good of the other for the other's sake and not for what you get out of it; selfless in reaching out to others; in prayer seek the grace to truly love others friend or foe - for that is what Jesus does.

 Tomorrow's reading:  Mt 6:1-6, 16-18


6:18:13

Lectio: Mt 6:1-6, 16-18

Meditatio:" Take  care not to perform righteous deeds in order that people may see them; otherwise you will have no recompense from your Heavenly Father." Mt 6.1

Oratio: "O God, You want us to be good but for the right reasons.

I remember Your Son declared that we should pray, give alms and fast but we should do these things in private and not for acclaim, and we will then have our recompense from His Heavenly Father and ours.

Grant that I perform the ascetical  practices to honor God and to make some reparations for my actions but always in a way that is not showy for then these acts will be acceptable to God and efficacious.

Contemplatio: spend a few minutes in silence and contemplate the passage selected and see its import for you.

Operatio: reflect on "perform"; to do; to carry out: give alms discretely, pray in your room; fast without an outward sign; these are the ways we are to perform the ascetical practices; in prayer seek the grace to perform them accordingly.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 6:7-15

6:19.13

Lectio: Mt 6:7-15

Meditatio: "Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 'This is how you are to pray:"
Mt 6:8b-9a

Oratio: "O God, You want us to seek You and ask of You our needs.

I remember Jesus told us that You know our needs before we ask and He then went on to tell us how to pray by giving us the Our Father.

Grant that I may pray as Jesus taught us and seek the grace to do the Father's will.

I ask these things through our Lord Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with the Father and the Hol Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen,

Contemplation: spend a few moments in silence and contemplate the passage selected and see its meaning for you.

Operatio: reflect on "how to pray"; first acknowledge to whom you are praying; pray that God's will be done and His kingdom prevail on earth, seek our daily needs - especially the Eucharist, forgive others and seek God's forgiveness for one's sins, and seek Help to avoid the near occasions of sin - all of which are part of Our Father - so look no further for the words for your prayer.


Tomorrow's reading: Mt 6:24-34


6.20.13

Lectio:  Mt. 6:19-23

Meditatio: "For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be." Mt 6:21

Oratio: "O God, You know how material things attract us while spiritual things are often furtherest from  our minds.

I remember Your Son warned us about the treasure we seek for that is where our heart is and such seeking may cause to be in the dark as to spiritual matters to our great loss.

Grant that I may focus on the spiritual and build up a treasure that will enable me to flourish in the hereafter

Contemplatio:  spend a few moments in silence and ponder the passage selected and how it should apply to you.

Operatio:  reflect on "treasure is"; that which attracts you and which you cherish; pray that your heart will always cherish that which is of God so your heart will be in the right place - now and forever. 


Tomorrow readings: Mt 6:24-34


6.21.13

Lectio: Mt 6.24-34

Meditatio: "You cannot serve God and mammon." Mt 6:24b

Oratio: "O God, only one thing You ask that You are our heart's desire.

I remember Jesus declared we could not serve You and mammon.

Grant that I may keep my focus right and always have You in my sight and to serve You as I ought .

I ask these things in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, who live and reign God, forever and ever. Amen.

Operatio: reflect on "mammon;" Aramaic meaning property or wealth; where our focus is, so will are efforts be and the choice is clear - God or money;  in prayer seek the grace to keep a proper focus with God our primary goal and the for the grace to serve him and then He can do with us as He will.

Tomorrow's reading:  Lk 9:18-24

6.22.13

Lectio: Lk 9:18-24

Meditatio: " Then he said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?'

Oratio: "O God, You know how important it is for us to know You.

I remember that your Son asked this basic question of His disciples for He knew if they did not know Him they would not love Him nor do His will.

Grant that I may ever love and serve You and do Your will for therein lies my completeness.

I ask these and all things through our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.

Contemplatio:  spend a fewi minutes in silence and meditate on the meaning of the passage selected and what it prompts me to do.

Operatio: reflect "who ... I am"; in the question is major part of the answer    
for "I am" is the name God gave when Moses asked Him who He is. For me Jesus is my God and Savior and most glorious for me my brother through Baptism!

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 1:57-66, 80

6.23.13

Lectio: Lk 1.58-66, 80

Meditatio:  "When the time arrived for Elizabeth to have her child she gave birth to a son." Lk 1:57

Oratio: "O God, You are marvelous and You do marvelous things for our edification.
I remember when John the Baptist was born and his father gave him the name of John which no one in the clan had, he regained his speech a d all marveled at this and so they should.
Grant that I may be ever mindful of the many wonders which You continue to display for us and rejoice and believe.
I ask all these things in Jesus' name who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

Contemplatio: spend a few minutes in silence and meditate on the passage selected and how it can be applied to you.

Operatio: reflect on "Elizabeth...son";  John the Baptist; conception confirmed by the angel Gabriel at the Incarnation; we celebrate his birth because he was sanctified in his mother's womb per St. Augustine;  in prayer seek the grace to do whatever God asks of me for therein lies my sanctification

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 7:6, 12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment