Saturday, February 20, 2010

2/20/10

Lectio - Lk 4.1-13

Meditatio: “Jesus said to him (devil) in reply, ‘It is written: You shall worship the Lord, your God, and him alone shall you serve’.” Lk 4.8

Oratio: “O God, there are no short cuts in your plans for us. We are to do them as you wish.

I remember your Son showed this when he was tempted by the devil to worship the devil. In return Jesus would achieve his mission to establish the kingdom of God over all the world. And Jesus said, “No.”

Grant that I may seek to do your will in all things for that is the best and only way to serve and worship you.

I ask this of you, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will be mindful of God and his will for me.

Note: Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 16.13-19

No comments:

Post a Comment