Thursday, February 25, 2010

2/25/10

Lectio - Mt 5. 20-26

Meditatio: “But I say to you, whoever is angry with his brother will be liable to the judgment, and whoever says to his brother, ‘Raqa’ (imbecile, blockhead), will be answerable to the Sandhedrin, and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ will be liable to fiery Ghenna.” Mt 5.22


Oratio: “"O God, you desire that all live in peace.

I remember Jesus warned about being angry with and insulting to others and that they will suffer a terrible fate unless they reconcile.

Grant that whenever I experience a deliberate hurt, that I may respond not with anger but with forbearance for the sake of peace.

I ask this of you, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will overlook the hurts received from others and pray for them.

Note: Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 5.43-48

No comments:

Post a Comment