Sunday, February 21, 2010

2/21/10

Lectio - Mt 16.13-19

Meditatio: “And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.” Mt 16.18

Oratio: “O God, you are all- wise and know how best to structure things.

I remember your Son established your kingdom on earth on a rock foundation - the papacy - so that the faith community would have your authoritative source for governance and unity.

Grant that I may always follow the pronouncements of the pope for to ignore the pope is to ignore Christ since he is Christ’s vicar here on earth.

I ask this of you, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will pray for the pope’s health and his openness to God’s plans.

Note: Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 6.7-15

No comments:

Post a Comment