Monday, May 7, 2012

5/07/12 Acts 14.19-28 Meditatio: "they [Paul & Barnabas] appointed presbyters for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, commended them to the Lord in whom they put their faith.” Acts 14.23 Oratio: "O God, You have provided us with the means of salvation. I remember Paul & Barnabas appointed presbyters for each church and prescribed prayer and fasting to strengthen their faith and those actions are on-going today. Grant that I may not be discouraged with the poor church attendance but resolve to do my part to comment others to the Lord. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.” Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: Reflect on “commend”; to refer; to back; to praise; in prayer ask for the grace to fast on behalf of all whose lives I touch so that they may come to an active faith. Tomorrow's reading: Acts 15.1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment