Thursday, May 24, 2012

5/23/12 Lectio: Acts 25.13b-21 Medtitatio: “and when Paul appealed that he be held in custody for the Emperor’s decision, I ordered him held until I could send him to Caesar.” Acts 25.21 Oratio: "O God, how wonderful are Your ways. I remember Paul was born a Roman citizen and this fact allowed Paul to be sent to Rome and his presence there would be a major reason for the spread of the Good News. Grant that I may rejoice in who I am and in my origin for I am sure that it is all part of Your plan for me. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.” Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "origin”; point of beginning; one’s birth, one’s conception; one’s ancestry; in prayer thank God for creating us and for redeeming us through His Son and for bestowing on us the status of his children through baptism. Tomorrow’s reading: Acts 28.16-20,30-31

No comments:

Post a Comment