Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5/22/12 Lectio: Acts 20.28-38 Medtitatio: “And now I [Paul] commend you to God and to that gracious word of his that can build you up and give you the inheritance among all who are consecrated.” Acts 20.32 Oratio: "O God, You gave us a marvelous inheritance through Your Son, the Word of God. I remember Paul told the church at Miletus that this inheritance is among all who are consecrated - a consecration that takes places at our baptisms. Grant that I may be always grateful for those who brought me to baptism so that I may be consecrated in the Spirit and share in the inheritance of God’s kingdom. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.” Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "consecration”; to set aside; to be formally set aside through anointing; through chrism at our baptism; in prayer thank God for consecrating us in His Holy Spirit, in truth; and ask for the grace to live a life which reflects that consecration - a life of selfless love. Tomorrow’s reading: Acts 22.30, 23.6-11

No comments:

Post a Comment