Monday, May 14, 2012

5/14/12 Lectio: Acts 16.22-34 Medtitatio: "and they [Paul & Silas] said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus and you and your household will be saved’.” Acts 16.31 Oratio: "O God, how kind and generous You are! I remember You provided a simple method for us to be saved - believe in Your Son as Paul and Silas declared. Grant that I may always have the gift - the grace of faith in Your Son and reflect it with an active belief. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.” Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect "believe;” accept; faith - a confident hope that what we do not see will come to be; the method given for our salvation; in prayer thank Jesus for willingly undertaking His salvific role and for the grace he bestows on us to believe in Him. May I show my belief by doing what He commands - Love one another! Tomorrow’s reading: Acts 17.15, 22-18.1 P.S. I will be on a Priest gathering until Thursday. I will resume Lectio on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment