Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5/23/12 Lectio: Acts 22.30, 23.6-11 Medtitatio: “For the Sadducees say there is on resurrection, or angels or spirit, while the Pharisees acknowledge all.” Acts 23.8 Oratio: "O God, it is so easy for us to go astray in our beliefs when we are left to our own speculations. I remember that both the Sadducees and the Pharisees were religious Jews yet they held the opposite views on the resurrection, angels and spirits. But You did not leave us in the dark and You sent the Holy Spirit and Your Son to enlighten us in matters of our faith. Grant that I may be ever grateful that I will one day rise and be with the angels and spirits in Your kingdom. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.” Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "inspiration”; direct info; not deductive; the Holy Spirit is the source; In prayer thank the Father for giving us His Son and His Spirit to inform us about matters of faith and then live what we believe and we will have life but now and hereafter. Tomorrow’s reading: Acts 25.13b-21

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete