Thursday, July 5, 2012

7.05.12 Lectio: Am 8.4-6, 9-12 Meditatio: "Yes, days are coming, says the Lord God, when I will send famine upon the land. Not a famine of bread, or thirst for water, but for hearing the word of the Lord.” Am 8.11 Oratio:”O God, how dense we are to Your ways and our true needs. I remember Your prophet Amos warned Your chosen people that their idolatrous ways would lead to the greatest of all famines - a deprivation of Your saving word. Grant that I may be ever grateful for hearing Your Word preached and may I always respond to it. I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.” Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: Reflect on "famine”; major scarcity; physical - unproductive lands; spiritual - unproductive hearts; in prayer ask for the grace for a faith which is open to the Word of God and takes it in and produces the fruit that God wants of me. Tomorrow’s reading: Am 9.11-15

No comments:

Post a Comment