Tuesday, July 31, 2012

7.30.12 Lectio: Jer 15.10, 16-21 Meditatio: "When I found your words, I devoured them; they became my joy and the happiness of my heart.” Jer 15.16a Oratio: " O God, Your words are spirit and truth! I remember Your prophet, Jeremiah, declared that when he found Your words, he was filled with joy and happiness. Grant that I may savor every word of holy scripture for they are Your words and they are the words of life. I ask this an all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "devoured;” take in completely; assimilate into your very being; in prayer thank God for the writers of Sacred Scripture and for those who preserved these writings down through the ages, for these inspired writings provide the way to joy and happiness both in this life and in the next. Tomorrow's reading: Jer 18.1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment