Sunday, July 29, 2012

7.28.12 Lectio: Jer 13.1-11 Meditatio: "For as close as a loin cloth clings to a man’s loins, so I made the whole house of Israel cling to me, says the Lord, to my peoples, my renown, my praise, my beauty. But they did not listen.” Jer 13.11 Oratio: " O God, You are near to us but we are often stray from You. I remember You told Your prophet, Jeremiah, that You were as close to Israelites as a loincloth is to a man’s loins, but they ignored You and went their own ways. Grant that I may rejoice in the fact that You are near and a very loving God and respond by doing Your will. I ask this an all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "loincloth;” a garment; cover’s one’s private parts; a symbol of God’s intimate love for us; a rotted one - a symbol of our rejection of God; in prayer thank God for his loving care and give Him the honor and praise He is due by living a life in accordance with His will. Tomorrow's reading: Jer 14.17-22

No comments:

Post a Comment