Wednesday, July 25, 2012

7.25.12 Lectio: Jer 2.1-3,7-8,12-13 Meditatio: "Two evils have my people done; they have forsaken me, the source of living waters; they have dug themselves cisterns, broken cisterns, that hold no water.” Jer 2. 13 Oratio: " O God, You have provided us with the means to eternal life from the beginning. I remember Your prophet, Jeremiah, declared You were the source of living waters but Your chosen people chose cisterns, broken cisterns - idols as the source of their living waters. Grant that I may realize that I am not self-sufficient and that in You alone I am made whole. I ask this an all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "living waters”; life-giving; God’s favors or graces or helps, in prayer thank God for the life giving waters He gives us and strive to always give Him the honor and praise He deserves. Tomorrow's reading: Jer 3.14-17

No comments:

Post a Comment