Saturday, February 15, 2014

2.15.14

 Lectio:  Mt 15.17-37   
                                                                                                                           
Meditatio: ”But I [Jesus] say to you, do not swear at all.” Mt 15.34a                                                                  
Oratio: O God, You gave us the ability to communicate and You expect us to use this gift rightly.

I remember Jesus warned about taking oaths and He made it very clear that whatever we say, whether ‘yes’ or ‘no,’  is the truth as we know it.

Grant  that I may be a person of integrity so that all can rely on what I say for that is the reason I have the gift of speech and that is how God wants me to use it.

I  ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what.
God is saying to you

Operatio: reflect"do not...swear”; Jesus made it very cleat that we should not use our gift of speech to deceive but that our ‘Yes’ should mean ‘Yes’ and our ‘No’ mean ‘No.” Seek the grace to be a person of integrity so that our word is indeed our bond for then do we use this gift from God rightly.

Tomorrow' s reading: Mk 8.11-13     

No comments:

Post a Comment