Thursday, February 20, 2014

2.20.14


 Lectio:  Mk 8.34-38, 9.1                                                                                                                                                                                 
Meditatio: ”What profit is there for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life?”
 Mk 8.36                                                                   
 
Oratio: O God, You know how easy for us to concentrate on the here and the now and forget what life is all about.
                  
I remember Jesus warned His disciples about the danger of being this world centered for if the things of this world are your goal, you will miss out on the most important gift - eternal life.

Grant  that I may ever keep God’s will for me in mind and take up my cross each day and follow Him and I will find the wonderful destiny He has for me - eternal life.

I  ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what.
God is saying to you

Operatio: reflect"gain...forfeit”; if our goal in life is to gain the world’s riches and not God’s will, then all is woe for me. In prayer seek the grace to do God’s will for me and I will gain everything that really matters.
              
Tomorrow' s reading: Mt 16.13-19

No comments:

Post a Comment