Wednesday, August 1, 2012

8.01.12 Lectio: Jer 18.1-6 Meditatio: "Can I not do to you, house of Israel, as this potter has done? Says the Lord. Indeed, like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, house of Israel.” Jer 18.6 Oratio: " O God, You are the Potter, we are the clay. I remember You made this clear to Your prophet, Jeremiah. Grant that You may mold me and shape me as a humble, contrite servant and lover. I ask this an all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "potter;” an artisan, shapes objects out of clay; in prayer thank God for being my Potter and ask for the grace to accept the shape He gives me and to use it for the greater honor and glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment