Monday, April 22, 2013

4/20/13;

Lectio: Jn 10.22-30

Meditatio: "Jesus answered them, ‘I told you and you do not believe. The work I do in my Father’s name testify to me’." Jn 10.25

Oratio: "O God, how dense we are at times!

I remember Jesus performed all kinds of miracles - wine to water, feeding of 5000, curing the sick, exorcisms - and the religious elite kept asking Him if He were the Messiah.

Grant that I may always be aware of the many ways in which You continue to manifest Yourself today - in the air we breathe, in the sun that shines, in the love which abounds; and give you praise and thanks for always being there for us.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on "work...testify"; effects have causes; extraordinary effects have extraordinary causes; a miracle is an effect whose cause is above human nature; it is a clear sign of the supernatural - or divine; Since Jesus declared that He and the Father are One; his miracles are cleat evidence that He is God - the Holy One whom the Jews were expecting; their Messiah and ours.

In prayer seek the grace to always follow the voice of Jesus which today is so clear in Scripture.

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 12.44-50

P.S. I will be at Priest Workshop for a couple of days. I will resume sending Lectio when I return. I will remember all of you in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment