Monday, April 29, 2013

4/29/13;

 Lectio:  Jn 14.27-31a                                                                                                       

 Meditatio: “but the world must know that I love the Father and I do just as the Father has commanded me.”  Jn 14.31a        

Oratio: "O God, Your Son showed us how we are to love.

I remember He showed His love for You by willingly accepting His passion and death for our salvation!   

Grant that I may always remember the greatest love is when  one lays down his or her life for another and to live in accordance with this standard..
                  
 I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the  Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

 Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

 Operatio:  Reflect on "love...do”; love is in the choices we make; it is in our will; doing the will of another for the other’s sake is a supreme act of love and is the very way in which Jesus showed His love for His Father; in prayer seek the grace to put the other ahead of self in my priority of choices so that I may show true love by my actions and not simply by my words.

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 15.1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment