Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4/30/13;

 Lectio: Jn 15.1-8                                                                                                                     

 Meditatio: “I [Jesus] am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.” Jn 15.5

Oratio: "O God, how You love us!                          

I remember Jesus declared that He is the Vine and we are the branches - in essence that we receive life directly from Him by remaining attached to Him.

Grant that I may always allow the grace of Jesus to fill me so that I may produce the fruit the He wants and deserves from me.                        
                  
 I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the  Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

 Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

 Operatio:  Reflect on "Vine...branches”; Vine is the source of eternal life and to the source of a good life now if we remain attached; branches bear fruit and even more if they are pruned which the Heavenly Father does for us; in prayer asks for the grace to always be a productive branch for Jesus and rejoice in the role He gives me.

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 15.1-9-11            

No comments:

Post a Comment