Sunday, January 5, 2014

1.05.14



Lectio: Mt 4.12-17,23-25                                                
                                                                              
Meditatio: “From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand’.” Mt 4.17
                  
Oratio: O God, Your Son not only called the people to repent as Your  kingdom is at hand but He also cured their sick of every kind of disease and the people must have thought it was indeed heaven for never before had they seen such nor had benefitted as much.

I remember when Jesus began His public ministry in Galilee He went about all over Galilee and preached and healed - what a boon for the people!

Grant that I may always remember that Jesus is my Lord, my refuge and my strong support and with Him I need not fear the physical evils which befall me for He is always there for me and will heal me now or in eternity, whichever is best for me.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God,  forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: “preach...kingdom...at hand;” the Good News was preached so the people would know that it ushered in the Kingdom; in prayer seek the grace to fulfill my Baptismal dignity and speak the Good News to others so that they, too, may be blest as I am blest.

Tomorrow's reading: Mk 6.34-44

No comments:

Post a Comment