Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1.08.14



Lectio: Lk 4.14-22a                                                                                            
                                                                              
Meditatio: “Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news of him spread throughout the whole region.” Lk 4.14

Oratio: O God, You graciously sent Your Son for all.

I remember Your Son began His public ministry in Galilee and not in Jerusalem, a sign that the Good News is not to be limited to a special group.         

Grant that I may always be grateful to such a loving God who shows no partiality and who loves all regardless of their origin.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God,  forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: “Galilee...Spirit”; Jesus began His public ministry in Galilee and it was Spirit empowered; in prayer seek the grace to recognize the working of the Spirit in those who surround me and seek the grace to spread the Good News to those whose lives I touch and who do not know Jesus and allow the Spirit to enlighten and guide me in my efforts..

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 5.12-16 

No comments:

Post a Comment