Thursday, January 16, 2014

1.16.14

Lectio: Mk 2.1-12                                                                

Meditatio: “But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority to forgive sins on earth” - he aid to the paralytic, ‘rise, pick up your mat, and go home’.” Mk 2.10-11

Oratio: O God, You made it so clear to the crowds that Jesus had divine authority.
        
I remember when the religious elite proclaimed that He was committing blasphemy by forgiving the sins of a paralytic, He responded by commanding the paralytic to rise and walk and the paralytic did - but sad to say it only made a lasting impact on the crowd for the religious leaders remained obstinate in their opinion. 

Grant that I may remember that pride can prevent one from accepting the Good News and seek the grace of a humble and open heart, so that I may always hear the word of the Lord and put it into practice for my good and for the good of others but most of all for the greater honor and glory of God who created me and who keeps me in existence..

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what.
God is saying to you.

Operatio: Reflect: "forgive...rise”; Jesus showed His divine power to forgive sins by commanding a paralytic to rise and walk; and the paralytic did; in prayer thank Jesus for making it so clear that He, indeed, is more than a miracle worker and that He can cure our spiritual sickness as well; in prayer seek the grace to turn to Jesus in need, whether physical or spiritual, knowing He has the power to heal me of whatever is wrong with me, for my good and for the good of those whose lives I touch.

Tomorrow's reading: Mk 2.13-17  

No comments:

Post a Comment