Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1.07.14



Lectio: Mk 6.45-52                                                                                 
                                                                              
Meditatio: “But when they saw him [Jesus] walking on the sea, they thought it was a ghost and cried out.” Mk 6. 49

Oratio: O God, Your Son gave such spectacular evidence of His divinity, yet many had hardened their hearts and would not believe that He was the Messiah.

I remember  yesterday, He multiplied he loaves and fishes; today, He walked on water, yet many would not accept Him and believe in Him.

Grant that I may always have an open heart, a heart full of faith and love, so that events of God may not be missed by me; instead they may assist me in my journey to the kingdom and strengthen my faith and hope.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God,  forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: “walking..sea....ghost”; what more could Jesus do to convince His disciples that He was whom He claimed to be; and He would do even more; He rose from the dead so that we would have eternal life, too. How wonderful and gracious is Our Lord. May I always give Him my love and my praise and my honor and readily witness to Him so others will come to know, love and serve Him in this life and be happy with Him in the next..

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 4.14-22a

No comments:

Post a Comment