Thursday, October 18, 2012

10.18.12

Lectio:Eph 1.11-14 Meditatio: "so we might exist for the praise of his glory, we who first hoped in Christ."
Eph 1.12

Oratio: "O God, how gracious of You for creating us - may we show our gratitude in return.

I remember Paul wrote to the Ephesians that all exist to give You praise for Your glory.

Grant that I may ever grateful for creating me and show that gratitude by acts of worship and submitting my will to Yours.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.
Operatio: reflect on "exist"; state of being; human beings exist for God’s glory; in prayer thank God for creating us, for redeeming us and for loving us; and for the grace to reflect that gratitude by loving Him to the best of our ability.

Tomorrow's reading: Eph 1.15-23

No comments:

Post a Comment