Saturday, October 27, 2012

10.27.12

Lectio: Jer 31.7-9

 
Meditatio: "I will gather them from the ends of the world, with the blind and the lame in their midst." Jer 31.8b

 Oratio: "O God, You are so kind and merciful.

I remember Your prophet, Jeremiah, declared You will gather the blind and the lame form the ends of the world and Your Son cured Bartimaeus of his blindness.

Grant that I may be ever mindful of Your great kindness and mercy and show kindness and mercy to those who come to me in their need.
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

 
Operatio: reflect on "blind"; loss of physical sight; loss of spiritual sight; in prayer ask God to see Him in the ordinary as well as the extraordinary events of life so that I may over come my spiritual blindness.

Tomorrow's reading: Eph 4.32-5.8

No comments:

Post a Comment