Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10.23.12

Lectio:Eph 3.2-12
Meditatio: "if, as I [Paul] suppose you have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for your benefit." Eph 3.2

Oratio: "O God, You have given us many blessings and You expect that we will use them for the purpose they were given.

I remember Paul acknowledged that he was given the grace to preach to the Gentiles and he was to use that gift as a good steward for their benefit.

Grant that I may be a good steward of the gifts I have been given using them in accordance with God’s purposes.
       
I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "stewardship;" proper use of goods and talents; a steward is a person in charge of the store room of goods; in prayer thank God for His many gifts and for the grace to know and to use them for the purpose given so that I may be a good steward of my time, talent and possessions thereby giving God the honor and praise He deserves.
 
Tomorrow's reading: Eph 3.14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment