Thursday, October 4, 2012

10.04.12 Lectio: Jb 38.1,12-21; 40.3-5 Meditatio: “Behold, I [Job] am of little account; what can I answer you? Jb 40.4 Oratio: " O God, You know we will be confronted with major questions in life for which we cannot determine Why - and You want us to trust in You in such times. I remember Your sage, Job, realized this after contemplating his undeserved suffering and after listening to suggestions of others as to why - that only You can answer the why. Grant that in times of great suffering or tragedy, that I may simply ponder what to do now and follow the promptings of my guardian angel, and leave the why to God. s. I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes. Operatio: reflect on "little account”; humanity versus divinity; finite versus infinite; in prayer ask for the grace of contentment with who I am and let God be God. Tomorrow's reading: Jb 42.1-3,5-6,12-17

No comments:

Post a Comment