Tuesday, October 1, 2013

10.01.13


Lectio:  Mt 18.1-5, 10                           
                     
Meditatio: “See that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I [Jesus] say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.” Mt 18.10                     

Oratio: O God, how wonderfully You have provided for us in this life!     

I remember Jesus told us that all the children have angels in heaven who are mindful of the children and who have access to the Father - the beautiful doctrine of guardian angles flows from this and what a comfort for all of us.

Grant that I may be ever mindful of my guardian angel, to whom God commits to us, to watch, to guard, to rule and guide as the ancient prayer goes and to be truly open to my guardian angel’s promptings.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "little ones...their angels”; all have guardian angels not only when they are biologically children but always since God created us as His children; in prayer seek the grace to be ever mindful of my guardian angel and do what my angel prompts me to do and avoid doing anything which would make my guardian angel ashamed.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 10.1-12          

No comments:

Post a Comment